Baker Academic

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mark Goodacre on Multiple Attestation—Chris Keith


One of the highlights of our upcoming conference, for me, is going to be hearing Mark Goodacre critique the criterion of multiple attestation.  When Anthony and I were putting together our list of contributors to the book and conference, we thought Mark would be ideal for this chapter.  For some reason that I now can’t remember, we thought Mark was itching to jump into historical Jesus research more fully.  We also knew that his substantial background in the Synoptic Problem would position him very well to address this criterion, which, like the Synoptic Problem, hinges on the relationship between Gospels.  To say that Mark delivered would be an understatement.  I think his chapter will now be the go-to piece of research for discussing this criterion.

Mark gives us a little preview in a podcast that he recorded earlier this year.  You can find it here.  To get the full treatment, come to our conference and hear Mark in person.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words. Yes, I am very interested in historical Jesus research and I teach a course on the topic most years at Duke. I do hope to write more about the topic in the future, and so I was very grateful for the invitation to contribute to the book. I am looking forward to the conference.

    ReplyDelete