Baker Academic

Friday, September 28, 2012

...over at Vridar

Neil Godfrey, of Vridar fame, is in process of posting a very entertaining review of Jesus, Criteria, and the Demise of Authenticity (related conference less than a week away). Because his cross-hairs are aimed at Professor Keith, I'll refrain from saying much. However, because Chris is uncomfortable with the word "postmodern" and I am quite comfortable with the word, I'll offer this rejoinder. Godfrey summarizes:
"Historical Jesus scholars appear to be on the way to replacing one set of failed tools with a lot of postmodernist mumbo jumbo."
While I will concede his point on the accusation of "mumbo," I must demur from the accusation of "jumbo." So glad we could have this exchange; I think we're all the better for it!

-anthony

1 comment: